Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Inny Minny Miney Moe

Inny Minny Miney Moe, use a meter or let it go. I really am not an avid collector of glucose test meters... LOL My insurance paid for the Contour (far right) and the Breeze (top right) and when I was diagnosed the hospital sent me home with the agamatrix (bottom left) and the true track (bottom right). I then splurged one day and purchased the One touch ultra smart (top left) and the One touch ultra mini (far left) like a dummy before checking to see if my insurance would pay for the strips. I thought the ultrasmart would be a great one to use because of the log book it has onboard.

However, my insurance views my strips as medical equipment and I must get them through a medical supply (H-Care) and they don't carry the one touch strips. So I use my breeze and contour meters on a regular basis. I do purchase agamatrix strips cheaply online and keep them as a backup. I have purchased the strips for the one touch but to buy enough to do me a month it would cost me 300 dollars out of pocket and I can't see why I would do that when I can get my strips for the other two free. I should get rid of the ones I don't use, I know I know LOL.

I downloaded from bayerhealth the program that goes with the breeze and contour meters to log your data from your meter. You have to then purchase the cable from them which didn't seem too bad at 20 bucks or so but then it is a serial cable and you must go to the store and purchase a serial to USB adapter which at Best Buy was 36 dollars. Wowzy wow wow. If you have a serial port you are set with just the cable from bayer but I purchased a new computer a few months ago and I guess they are getting away from having serial ports. Soooo the meter is free... great. The software program is free...great but then it costs you almost 60 dollars to be able to get the cables. Goodness gracious.

1 comment:

Allison said...

Denise-

It certainly seems like you have tried a number of top meters on the market! I actually work for AgaMatrix and would love to know what you think about our WaveSense KeyNote meter. If insurance coverage was the same for all your meters which one would you use the most? What are the most important meter features for you besides insurance coverage? What could we do to improve the KeyNote to make it your meter of choice?


Best Regards,

Allison

Community Outreach

AgaMatrix, Inc.

www.wavesense.info